Installing the Shomi Font
Font install instructions
Installing fonts on Windows
Close Open Programs. Before installing any new fonts on a Windows PC , close any applications you have open. Newly installed fonts may not appear in your software font menus if the program is running during font installation.
Windows 7 and Windows 8
There are several ways to install fonts on both Windows 7 and Windows 8. Here are step-by-step instructions. Keep in mind that you must be an Administrator on the target machine to install fonts.
You can also right-click on a font file, and then select 'Install'.
Another option is to install fonts with the Fonts Control Panel. Follow these steps to open the Fonts Control Panel.
- On Windows 7, Select 'Control Panel' from the 'Start' menu, then select 'Appearance and Personalization' and then select 'Fonts'. On Windows 8, you can get to the Font Control Panel simply by searching for 'Fonts'.
- Drag a font file and drop it into the Fonts Control Panel.
Note: if you receive an error message make sure the font file is not compressed (it should not have a zipper icon). Also, make sure you have Administrator privileges (Control Panel/User Accounts).
The easiest way to install a font is to double-click on a font file to open the font preview and select 'Install'.
To install a TrueType or OpenType font on Windows Vista, right-click on the font file and then select 'Install'. You can also drag or paste a font into the Fonts Control Panel.
Note: In Windows Vista if you double-click on a font the 'Install' button is not available in the font preview. This is a new feature in Windows 7.
Installing fonts on Mac OS
- Close Open Programs. Before installing any new fonts on a Mac, close any applications you have open. Newly installed Mac fonts may not appear in your software font menus if the program is running during font installation.
- Under Mac OS X 10.3 or above (including the FontBook)
- Double-click the font file > "Install font" button at the bottom of the preview.
Under any version of Mac OS X:
Put the files into /Library/Fonts (for all users),
or into /Users/Your_username/Library/Fonts (for you only).
Under Mac OS 9 or earlier:
The old Mac fonts are not supported anymore at dafont. First, you have to convert the font files (.ttf or .otf) you have downloaded.
Then drag the fonts suitcases into the System folder. The system will propose you to add them to the Fonts folder.