The FAQ section is the best place to find the answers to your burning questions but if you can not find the answer you are after get in contact with us, use the Contact Us page and we will get back to you with an answer.
Yes you do need to set up an account to create and edit your Shomi codes.
YES – Shomi is currently 100% free for anyone to use. However, we are planning a premium version, which will contain additional features at a cost.
No. But you will need to download the free Shomi app from iTunes
Great news, fill out the publishing partners form and we will get back to you.
Give a 5 star rating and tell your friends. Thank you
The Shomi app works with iOS 5 and up.
Simply Sign Up here and enter your registration details or click on the ‘Sign Up’ button in the header.
- Firstly, you will need a Shomi account so either Login or Signup - it’s free!
- Once logged in, you will arrive at your Dashboard
- From here you have a number of options, including ‘Create new code’
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to create a new code - you will be asked to add or paste in the URL address of the online content you wish to link to eg: a website address
- Once added, hit the Submit button and voila!
- A Shomi Code will be created, as well as a Shomi Alphanumeric Code (ANC) and a Shomi Image
- First download and install the Shomi Font, instructions at out font installation page.
- Once you have generated a Shomi Code, you have three options. You can either:
- Copy and paste the Shomi Code straight to your document.
- Copy and paste the Shomi Alphanumeric Code (ANC) straight to your document. Then highlight the ANC and convert it to the Shomi font.
- Copy and paste the Shomi Image and embed the image into your document.
- Easy! Firstly, locate the Shomi Font File in the Download section
- Next click ‘Download’.
- Click ‘Save’ when prompted, and save the Font File in a location where you can find it easily eg: desktop
Pretty much any online content as long as it is optimised for mobile devices.
Yes. As a free user you will have access to basic analytics. As we further develop our innovative products to complement Shomi, more analytical data will become available.
Indeedy! The key benefit of the Shomi Code is it’s ability to be inserted into a line of text. So when real estate is limited on a printed item the Shomi Code will excell. Here are some examples:
- Newspaper and magazine articles
- Restaurant menus
- Brochures, flyers and invitations
- Product packaging
- Books and manuals
- Maps directions
Oh, there are so many! Essentially you will be adding additional content to your printed material.
As the font size is reduced, the resolution will decrease. Therefore we recommend a minimum font size of 12 with the current Beta version of the app.
For optimal results, we recommend using a light coloured background, and a dark coloured Shomi Code. For best results with the beta version we recommend using a black font on a white background.